Friday, January 21, 2011

Veggie bolognese

goes on any and everything. Bread , rice , veggies, taters , hot cold , pasta , gnocchi , here is how I make it.



28 oz Can of stewed tomatoes
basil
onion
garlic
carrots and spinach food processor
finely chopped portobella mushrooms
maybe water
low heat at least 40 minutes

Salt after
nutritional yeast 1/4 cup
bragg to taste
tomato paste

turn off heat and let rest and continue cooking. I have an enamel coated cast iron pot that seems perfect for this. I have a gas stove and after cooking it on low I turn off the heat and put the lid on and it stays hot for hours, letting the sauce rest gives it a real slow cooked flavor that cant be beat. I use hickory smoked salt for a lil added flare. If i did not have that salt I would have added a drop of liq smoke
divide and freeze or refrigerate some for a rainy day , okay later that day.

No comments: